Formed in Tokyo in 1977, the association gathered information on political prisoners through various channels which they disseminated worldwide through open forums, assemblies, marches, newspaper articles and so forth, putting pressure on the KMT government, demanding the release of the prisoners. The group was disbanded in 1994 after Taiwan moved toward democratization following the lifting of martial law.
- East Asian Peace Museums and Cultural Memory: Japanese–Taiwanese Cultural Memory in Taiwan’s Memorial Museums
- Memorial Parks and Sites － Potential World Cultural Heritage
- The end of martial law and the beginning of Taiwan’s democratization
- Amnesty International: a long-time initiator of global rescue efforts
- Taiwan Political Prisoner Rescue Association in Japan
Our Human RIghts Friendship